3.03.2009

A lovely new dress

I was invited to uma festa de quinze anos last month, for the 14th of March. (It's a birthday party for turning 15, which is huge here. like here in Brazil it's our sweet sixteen, but their party's MUCH bigger.) It's like a formal prom. I have been looking around in the stores and been having a hard time finding a good dress. My mom and I were in Barra Shopping {a mall near my house} picking up some [more] books for my school that I don't have yet (here you have to go to a certain store to buy all your books. oh my gosh i have a ton. later i'll put a picture of them on here - when i have them all--i'm still waiting for some to arrive- all stacked up:D). We passed by this store on our way out where it had a really pretty little cover up jacket over an ugly tube shirt. We've been looking for a dress you know, and so we thought we might have a look at that beautiful little top. Turns out they had party dresses there too, and we found an awesome one in the back- on clearance. A gift from the gods. Now I'm all ready for the party!/strong>>

by the way, it is about 5 inches longer, we added some fabric so it wouldn't be so scandalous. :>

5 comments:

  1. Eliza - WOW - Fantastico!
    Your blog got me all choked up - You're growing into being such a great woman. I'm so proud of your choices. I loved the photos and especially the picture of your party dress. I hope you have a lot of fun at the party.
    We miss you and will hope to have continual updates on your blog. If you remember - send me a note to look at your blog when you update. I'm a pretty busy ole grandma and I don't remember to look at the new blogs.
    I LOVE YOU - GrandmaO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just look so darn beautiful! And I love the dress! I am excited to keep up with you via blog! I love having mine and will be happy to hear everything that you are up to!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Lize- Somehow my other comment just dissapeared! So here I am again telling you how great I think you are! And how gorgeuos you look! Love ya! Cass

    ReplyDelete
  4. eliza, seu blog está muito legal e o seu vetido is soooo beautiful :) ahhauhauhauhua

    beeijos ;*
    mayara baima

    ReplyDelete
  5. voce tá lindaa *-*
    voce É linda.
    adorei seu blog
    beijos te amoo ♥

    ReplyDelete