1.20.2014

Well that was fast.

They already kicked me out of the Azores! Whoa! I was only there two transfers! (12 weeks) I feel like I just got there and now i´m already back on the continent. I will be serving in São Domingos, which was actually Sister Austin´s first area so she like wrote a bunch of letters for me to give to members and investigators haha. The island was so beautiful and I´m sad to leave it but I like new things so this will be fun. I´m going to be serving with a Sister Lybbert(?) who is starting her third transfer. I´ll get to my new area later today but I just thought I´d hurry and write all yall in case I don´t get a chance to. I am very thankful for the experiences I had in Ponta Delgada, I really feel like I grew emotionally, spiritually and muscularly (lots and lots of hills.:)
I´ll try using my old pin number again mom I HOPE it works cuz i am currently in portugal´s biggest mall and ya know. that explains itself. Thank you for all your monetary donations over christmas! I will buy myself a new pair of jeans and a new flashdrive. I have already filled up two 16 gig ones with pictures and music. Unfortunatley my camera broke this week so i won´t have many pictures anymore. I have an awesome video camera from my awesome AUNT CASSITY that can take pictures but it´s meant to video and does a much better job at videos than pictures heh heh.  
well i hope you all had a good week MOM I LOVE YOU THANK YOU FOR SENDING ME PICTURES KEEP THEM COMING :)
ashton if you haven´t already sent my flashdrive back wait until next week so i can tell you my new address because it´s a mad house at the mission office... someone sent me a package they said and it never made it to me :´( I have received everything that came to our apartment addresses though. Speaking of what came to our apartment, Mom, I´m so sorry, I accidentally left the scissors you gave me in the envelope you sent them in after i used them and they were with all my letters that got put in my carry on and then of course the airport had a hissy fit and had to throw them away I´M SOOOOOOOO SORRY I know how special those were to you and i feel so dumb for having forgotten to put those in my checked bag...
I love being on my mission more and more every day. It was SO hard at the beginning but it is true that you get used to it and enjoy it more and more each day and it´s less and less hard to leave the house every morning haha cuz you look forward to the crazy and/or awesome people you will meet and get to share the wonderful message of Jesus Christ with.
I got to bear my testimony to our investigators that I left last night over the phone. I KNOW without a DOUBT that ALL this is true. It all makes sense even when it doesn´t. You just trust God that that´s the way it is (like why are we baptized at all? weird. but that´s the way He wants us to show our devotion to HIM and we get used to it and like it hah) and you grow in the process.
Well you´re all totally gorgeous. or handsome. either one.
Sister Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment