12.30.2013

Talk to you next year.

Well howdy. 
What an amazing pleasure it was talking to you Mommy and Daddy with an occasional appearance of Ashton, Jens, Mckay, Aunt Audrey, Uncle Blaine, Uncle Scott, Adriane, and other people to pixelated to tell who they were! Haha. Time flies so I´ll see you sooner than you know it on mothers day. I can´t believe it has been a year since I received my mission call and such. crazy. Here´s my letter to the President that pretty much sums up my week:

Hello President! Merry Christmas!! 
I have to ask forgiveness of this past week´s numbers. I didn´t feel good right after getting home christmas night and got a cold which i am still recovering from. Energy in any form has been absent, but I hope to return to the work tomorrow as today I feel about 85% recovered. About :)

We didn´t have many missionary experiences this week as I detained our companionship to our home but we did have a wonderful acting out of the Nativity with a less-active family and their three boys. Their oldest son of 9 years was José, the mom was Maria, the dad was the narrorator, the 3 year old a shephered and their 9 month old baby was Jesus of course :) I played a sheep, the angel and a wiseman while sister austin filmed. we brought sheets and blankets for the costumes and were able to give them the video right after we filmed. I know they will love watching it when they are older. We also acted out the story from the Book of Mormon´s point of view, the three year old being Samuel the Lamanite and the older son being a person that believed him and went to follow him and sister austin was a wicked person that tried to throw stuffed animals at Samuel. It was a blast. 

The last few days that I have been sick I have started to read Jesus the Christ. I am almost to page 300. Other than the amazing fact that because I know portuguese I have been able to understand or decipher a lot of the bigger or "smarter" words that Talmage uses a lot I have come to understand so much about Him and the context of things. There are lots of hard english in this book, take the word "antediluvial". I would have had no idea before the mission and the context of the sentence does not explicitly confirm it´s meaning. The prefix is just like the word "antes" meaning before, and "dilúvio" in portuguese is flood. So "before the flood". Anyway, that part has been fun while reading. But my LOVE for the Savior has grown so much too as I have been studying Him from Jesus the Christ along with reading down each of the references in the guia das escrituras. Wow. I did not and am sure I still do not nor will not in this life perhaps fully understand who He is or what He did for us. But I want to know as much as I can and grow that love and devotion for Him that will hopefully carry over into my work as a missionary. 

Love you President. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. 
Sister Shumway

Unfortunately my time is already up. You are all awesome. God is real and He loves us and our choices do and will always have consequences, good (blessings), or bad (natural consequence of the choice). 

Love you all. Talk to you next year. bwahah.
Sister Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment