12.16.2013

Hey friends and family.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA OERTLE!! Love you. 

Holy canolie it´s been a YEAR since I opened up my mission call (December 19th 2012). I also hit 7 months this week on the mission (December 15th 2013). 

I have figured out the key to happiness on the mission. Other than the obvious, exact obedience, thinking that sleeping at night is no more than a nap and P-day is really just that, preparation day, not a "day off" like I must have thought that it was for a while are really the ways to be happy. It really is just that, a full time mission. FULL TIME aka ALL THE TIME and nope you´re not here for you. Yes you grow and stretch and bear your testimony but you are not there for you. You are here for other sons and daughters of God.

I found an interesting note in some binder in my house someone had written. Those of us who could have easily served a mission and simply chosen not to will have to stand before the judgement bar of God and explain to the people that would have accepted the gospel had YOU served why they were deprived of or taken longer to find or accept the gospel of Jesus Christ on the Earth. bam. go on a mission. ;)

Send me your testimony okay? I need some testimonies for a special purpose of mine :)

Well this week went by seeeuuuper slow which is weird. IDK. Our baptism got pushed to next week. Sofia feels she needs a little more time to get over not being able to smoke socially or in stress. At church yesterday though Sister Austin said she thought she heard her grumble something about wishing she had gotten baptized yesterday haha. At least she´ll be even happier this week at her baptism. She´s incredible and gorgeous and fun. love her so much. We did have 2 people at church though. Her Paulo. Which apparently meant we had half of the zone number which was 4 people in church. I wonder what happened. First week of the transfer is always hard. 

K well i have nothing to say. sorry. i´m boring. 

"Go away, read some books." ~nacho libre. (the book of mormon of course. já sabe.)

Sister Shummers.

ps the picture is my 7 month portrait i took yesterday. enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment