7.21.2014

Espirito, Verdade, e Luz oh my!

Hey everyone! 
Wow! Probably the most spiritual lesson on my mission this week! We found this awesome 30 year old evangelical dude, Luis, on the street on Wednesday. As we were walking past he stopped and talked to us and we talked for a good 20 minutes there. At the end my comp asked him why he stopped to talk to us. He said that as we were passing he felt a "flame" on his whole side and he knew we were servants of God. Wow. Then we went back on Friday and his mom was there and she started crying even before we said the opening prayer. We asked her what she was feeling and she said "a happiness". Luis said he felt it then too, the "flame" again in their house. We told them that was the Spirit of God telling them that what we were about to say was true. We gave our lesson with an overwhelming dose of the Spirit and when we got to Joseph Smith´s first vision my beautiful comp bore her testimony saying that she knew Joseph saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ and she said she knew that more than she knew she was there in that room with them. WOW Bowling ball of Spirit punched me in the gut. loved it. She is such a righteous warrior. But anyway they totally felt it too and when we got to the Book of Mormon, Luis was a little apprehensive, because evangelicals teach that there can ONLY AND WILL EVER ONLY be the Bible, (which is dumb. present subjunctive.) But {miracle} he said he would be willing to read and pray about it. (which is a lot more than what most evangelicals are willing to do). We reminded them of the spirit they felt at the beginning and we reminded them how we all felt it and we could not deny the feeling and so God was telling them they needed to read and pray about it. Wow. So needless to say they accepted the "convite suave" which is when they know these things to be true will they be baptized and then Luis came to church yesterday! For some reason his mom couldn´t come but she´ll probably come next week we hope. 
Can I just say how THANKFUL i am for Sister Brundage? She has helped me so much. She is the most patient person ever, good thing cuz all my comps have really had to have that quality while serving with me. I know I´m not a super good missionary and I have so many weaknesses but she´s helped me appreciate the little miracles and have so much fun along the way. She wanted me to make a list which i still haven´t made of the reasons why I know Heavenly Father loves me, and i will make this list soon, and the first thing i´ll put on there is "I know HF loves me because He let me serve with Sister B." Hoping for two transfers is all haha. 
K well i sincerely love you all. And miss you. 
Sister Shoomay.

No comments:

Post a Comment