2.24.2014

Re: Day 300!

WOOP WOOP!!!
Keep up the good work.
BIG WOOP WOOP!!!


On Monday, February 24, 2014 9:14 AM, Eliza Shumway <eliza.shumway@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Today is my 300th day on the mission can i get a woop woop? more like big woop! hah it´s fine.
 
We had an awesome week! Besides the fact our numbers were low cuz I have had some pretty bad pain in my back and had to stay home for a few days, we are teaching a beautiful little portuguese family, Olivia the mom, Jorge, the dad, Bruno and Ruben the boys (14 and 9 years old, but Ruben reminds me of a younger version of Jens so much!) We taught them the lessons and are now helping them make a habit of reading the scriptures and having family prayer at night, and Olivia even suggested they do family prayer before they leave for school etc! Her idea! Their dad has been gone for a while but he got back this morning from a business trip and he said he´ll take the boys to church when Olivia has to work so we´re hoping they´ll come through with that. But they live like literally next door to the church so the boys could come by themselves if they wanted.
 
Okay so about my back, Mom, I went to a physical therapist today and she helped "straighten" me out (it felt so nice) and taught me a few stretches and strengthening exercises I can do to help me fix my back. (I had to go to the emergency room... again... but this time it really was because of pain and not just cuz i had had a cold for two weeks, GOODNESS I´M SO HIGH MAINTENANCE it´s frustrating.) But she told me I need to be more careful about my posture which is what is causing most of the problem and I need to find a good backpack. So yeah I´ve been kind of out of commission for a few days but our wonderful little family we are teaching makes everything worth it.
 
LAST WEEK OF THE TRANSFER which will probably mean the last week with the beautiful, talented, hilarious, spiritual, righteous, awe-inspiring SISTER LYBBERT. Man I LOVE this girl and I´m going to bawl my eyes out when she gets transfered (everyone PRAY she stays one more with me otay? ;)
 
K well i love you all
260 more days until a big hug from me. (i get an extra 12 days on my mission hah.)
Sister Shammy
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment