8.14.2010

Three of the poems revised

Revision of: Gratitude:

I clasp in front of me my hands

As I, as a tree, sit silent.

My eyes close, my heart is open,

My cries I hope the Lord will hear.

I bow my head, ponder and listen,

For that still small voice that beckons.

I’m truly seeing as it changes me

The love it’s radiating.

My spirit is not quite as homesick;

My soul is refreshed.

I feel it and I know

He loves me.

I thank Him, my God, for my every blessing

Especially for his voice that touches me.

haha this one isn't necessarily totally true :) the first one is more so :)
Revision of: A Man: Wanted:

Male: 6’2”

Not too brawny, not to scrawny

Bar the beach blonde: brown or black is better.

Big, burly, bushy eyebrows

And bright blue beautiful eyeballs.

Banjo bangin’, obo, bass;

Looks best in Bermudas ,

And banishes badness.

Absolutely brave and bold,

Bona fide priesthood bearer,

Bubbly with babies.

Blue ribbon Boy Scout!

Bows his head, believes in beauty,

Brainy, not crabby, not bald.

Revision of Camping Trip:

Rain, hail, thunder and lightning

2:30 am, unpleasant bathroom trip

Colorful paper cups

Never could keep track of my own

Propane, fire and tree smell

Boy, am I excited to do the laundry

All kinds of food, cooked in the embers

Everything tastes better with dirt on it

Story time at night around the flames

Come on dad, was that supposed to be scary?

Cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles

They came out all this way just to get bit by mosquitoes?

Brothers, sisters, Mom and Dad

He’s sleeping too close to me! UG! Bad breath!

Green, brown, and flowers

Too much nature! Where’s my iPod?

Sleeping bags, forgotten pillows

This pad isn’t even soft! My neck hurts!

Scripture time, deep in thought

I guess it is good to get away every once in a while…

Beauty, family and God

That is what it’s really all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment