2.24.2012

Februruruary.

 

well goodness gracious.

lots has happened since last September!

I’m in college.

yeah.

BYU-I do.

But thankfully I’ve managed not getting married in my first two semesters.

However I did come very close. But that’s a story for another day. Or one I’d rather not tell again. (breakups are L.A.M.E.)

okay okay. I’ll tell you. long story short: we were deep in like. (I wouldn’t call it love, but it could have very easily gone that way in a short period of time.) He asked me to be his girlfriend. I told him to give me a day to think about it. (I was totally going to say yes, duh.) But the next day as I was barely waking up the spirit was screaming in my head: NO. NO. NO. DON’T YOU DARE. NO. NO. And then, I had to do the hardest thing I’ve probably ever had to do in my short lifetime. Tell him I couldn’t date him, or see him again. I would have loved to stay friends with him, but I knew if we were to still see each other I’d eventually “give in” (disobey the spirit which I actually tried doing) and date him. And he had said if we were to date we would probably get married. He is a great guy, don’t get me wrong. He is super smart and charming but the Lord told me no, so I have to follow that.

 

AAAAAANYWAYS life has slowly been coming back to normal Smile I figured out I CAN be happy and single. *gasp!* Although I would probably be a lot happier if I could go on a date once in a while… haha. I haven’t been so lucky to go on any dates this semester (besides the previously mentioned young man) but, life goes on and is awesome. 

 

I’ve gone crazy and decided to do the Miss Pleasant Grove Pageant again. I am up here in REXBURG IDAHO so the commute is first of all stressful to try to find a ride and second can be quite expensive, and because the Saturday morning workshops are mandatory, the cost can add up. I’ve only been to one workshop so far but I’m leaving tonight to be at another one tomorrow morning. This was me last year. Hopefully they’ll still like me with a little bit shorter (and dyed) hair and bigger mushroom around the middle. Yeah.. probably not but I’m not really in it to win it. jus for fun Smile

 #1 Eliza Miss P G Evening Gown Pagent.JPG#3 Queen & Court.JPG

 

CHEMISTRY 106 (The second part of the general chemistry courses required to science majors) will be the death of me. I didn’t really understand the first few chapters at the beginning of the semester and now that I actually want to buckle down and learn it, I don’t know anything that’s going on that I should know from previous chapters. I hate to say it but I’ll probably have to retake the class… Which I guess would be okay cuz I really want to learn this stuff but I guess I just don’t really know how to study yet. I’m learning though, and trying harder.

 

I’M IN THE BEST CHOIR EVER ORGANIZED ON THE FACE OF THIS HERE PLANET. It’s called From the Heart (from that scripture in D&C where I unfortunately don’t know where it is). We have a group of songs and narrations put together (this semester the the theme is hope in Jesus Christ) and we sing them for our various wards over the semester at firesides. It has GREATLY strengthened my testimony. I’m SO thankful for the blessing of being able to be in it, as it is more or less hard to get into. I LOVE IT SO MUCH and ALL the people in it are just the BEST and wholehearted disciples of Jesus Christ. (and I must add, there are tons of “hunks of burning love”s (as my favorite religion teacher ever Bro. Black would put it) in there. Good times.)

 

OKAY Well I gotta go to class!  Here are some recent pics my room mate took:

IMG_3513IMG_3514IMG_3515IMG_3516IMG_3517

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That is an amazing thing to be able to do. Way to go, Liza. (:

    (also, I believe it is D&C 25:12?)

    ReplyDelete